Smart Futures, Smart Working
Smart Working is the third workshop in our series on Smart Futures, this event explored how technological change will reshape key aspects of how we travel, how we work, and the very fabric of our cities. What will a Smart Future look like? How will we get there and how will it impact on the demand for public transport?
This discussion talked about the new strategies needed to continue to deliver efficient and viable transport infrastructure.
Key issues for discussion included:
- How will future technology revolutionise the work we carry out?
- How can technology help us to plan and reshape the workforce of tomorrow?
- What will be the impact on working patterns and transport demand?
- What opportunities will tech transformation create to improve journeys and the transport available?
- Why is technology important, and what factors should we consider when planning future transport strategy?
- What will be the impact on the places where we live and work?
A summary of the discussion can be found here: Smart Futures_Smart Working, 26 September 2018
With thanks to our sponsors:
This event is part of London Transport Museum’s Interchange thought leadership programme; a series of lively, thought-provoking and informed discussions and debates for leading thinkers and decision-makers to consider the challenges and opportunities facing cities, transport and infrastructure, today and tomorrow. These invite-only events are a benefit of Corporate Membership and are attended by senior decision-makers from TfL and across the transport industry. The events deliver on-going opportunities for building new business, cementing relationships and sharing latest ideas and thinking. The full programme can be found at https://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/support-us/corporate/thought-leadership